Ms. Siddons’ Kindergarten Class
Ms. Siddons' Kindergarten Class
Dear KB Families and KB Students,
Welcome to our KB Kindergarten Class! My name is Ms. Siddons and I am excited for my first year teaching here at St. Joan of Arc! I have previously taught Preschool and Pre-K and I am looking forward to my first year teaching Kindergarten. Here are a few reminders to start the year off right;
Kindergarten starts on Friday, September 8th. All students (including those Kindergarteners that would normally dismiss at 11:30) will be dismissed at 12:30.
Please remember to send your child to school wearing a nametag with your bus number or the words “car rider” or “walker” on it. Please wear this nametag for the first week or two until we have our routine down. If for some reason your child’s transportation home will differ from the norm, please put a note in your child’s folder AND contact Mrs. Paradise in the main office. 856-983-0774. You may also back those up with an email. ( email@example.com ) Please do not rely on an email to be the only form of notification for important transportation changes.
- Please send in a snack for our morning Brain Break, and a rest-time towel or small blanket for our afternoon break. Just send in a towel on Monday (or the first day of the school week) and I will send it home on Friday to get washed over the weekend. (No pillows please as they do not fit in the cubbies.)
- If your child will be buying lunch, please put money or a lunch token in a labeled envelope or baggie. (Jane Smith – Lunch Money) We will collect lunch money first thing in the morning.
- If your child will be bringing a lunchbox, please label it and check to see that all drinks are tightly sealed. If you forget to send money or lunchbox, don’t panic. We will see to it that your child gets a lunch. We will put your name on the “charge” list and you can pay the next day. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INFORM ME OF ANY FOOD ALLERGIES!!!
*Please label all folders, backpacks, jackets, school sweaters, gym sweatshirts, lunch boxes, nap towels, folders, crayons, pencils, markers, etc.… with your child’s name. A Sharpie marker works best to label these items. Labeling the items that will go in your child’s pencil bag may seem tedious, but it helps us return lost items to their rightful owner.
Important dates in September:
- Please join us Thursday, September 14th at 7pm for our opening PTA Meeting and Monday, September 18th at 7pm for Kindergarten’s ‘Classroom Visitation’. If you are unable to attend that night, we will also have Classroom Visitation on Thursday, September 21st.
- KA & KB will be having our Spaghetti Dinner in the cafeteria on Wednesday, September 27th at 6:15. PLEASE JOIN US! We are hoping every Kindergarten student and their family will attend. Come meet some of our wonderful St. Joan of Arc Kindergarten families! The students really enjoy this evening together!
Kindergarten Supply List:
· Pencil Bag- purchased at school. (Please send in $5 via your child’s folder to purchase it by September 11th.) The pencil bag is big enough to hold the following items that you can send in with your child on the first day of school. We will help your child put the items in their baggies and organize them and place them in the school pencil bag. Please make sure the items are labeled with your child’s name in case they fall on the floor.
- 3 regular tan #2 pencils
- 3 fat glue sticks
- Pink eraser
- Scissors –blunt, not pointy.
- Washable Markers – 8 or 10 pack.
- Dry Erase Markers – 4 pack
- Crayons – 8 pack. Please, nothing bigger yet. I will give students pink, sky blue, light green, and gray when needed in class.
- Lunch Box / Wallet
- Rest-time Towel or Blanket
- Water bottle (9” or less)
- 2 Two Pocket Folders (one for class/homework and one for Spanish)
- 1 pack of baby wipes (for clean-up after snack and lunch)
- Ear-Buds/Headphones (Please put the Ear-Buds in a labeled baggie.)
I hope you are as excited as I am for our new school year together. I cannot wait to meet you!
Please email me at anytime with your questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Siddons & Mrs. Taati KB