Welcome To Mrs. Frank's Second Grade Classroom!
Embracing God’s Universe
you are present in the whole universe
and in the smallest of your creatures.
You embrace with your tenderness all that exists.
Pour out upon us the power of your love,
that we may protect life and beauty.
Fill us with peace, that we may live
as brothers and sisters, harming no one.
O God of the poor,
help us to rescue the abandoned
and forgotten of this earth,
so precious in your eyes.
Bring healing to our lives,
that we may protect the world and not prey on it,
that we may sow beauty,
not pollution and destruction.
Touch the hearts
of those who look only for gain
at the expense of the poor and the earth.
Teach us to discover the worth of each thing,
to be filled with awe and contemplation,
to recognise that we are profoundly united
with every creature
as we journey towards your infinite light.
We thank you for being with us each day.
Encourage us, we pray, in our struggle
for justice, love and peace.
Pope Francis, Laudato Si, n 246.
Our God is the author of creativity. He never duplicates His creations. His gifts are always unique and never average. We are blessed with God’s gifts and what we do with them is our gift back to God.
- Every child is uniquely and wonderfully made by God!
- Every child’s gifts and talents are a blessing to our classroom and the world!
- We are a caring, loving family that prays for one another, our families, and the world!
Home Fun Assignments will be given out Monday through Thursday
- Home Fun will be written on the board daily. Please sign your child’s home fun assignments.
- When packing up, students take out the specific books that need to be brought home.
- Home fun should take no more than 20 minutes a night.
- Home fun will be written on our class website as backup.
- No Assessments on Mondays
- No home fun on PTA nights or Back to School nights
- Student Textbooks Links below(If your child book is in school).Religion: (Sadlier) http://www.webelieveweb.comMath: (Houghton Mifflin) http://www.eduplace.com/math/mw/I.L.A.: ( Houghton Mifflin)
Useful Learning Sites:
- Math Flashcards
- Money Flashcards
- Learning Fractions
- Math Playground
Schedule For Specials
Monday – Music and Media
Tuesday – Art
Wednesday – Spanish
Thursday – Gym
Friday – Computers
*Please Remember To purchase Grocery Gift Cards .
* On Fridays, if weather permits, we have free play in the afternoon. If you would like to send in a toy for outside, it would be greatly appreciated. (Ex. colored chalk for the boards in the classroom, jump rope, bubbles, nerf balls, etc.) Also you may send in a G Rated movie for those rainy afternoons. After the children finish watching the movie, the movie will be returned to your child. You may also send in a bag of pretzels, or popcorn.
We will be celebrating October birthdays. If parents would like to bring in pretzels or munchkins, please email me and let me know what day you would like to send the snacks in. This ensures that the students may have one treat each day. I want to avoid having too many treats for one day and wasting food. We can spread out the snacks during the month. You may donate a book, or a game to the class instead of snacks. If you would like to read a book to the class please email me.
*Spelling- *Assessment Thursday October19th consonant blends r,l,s – study (copybook)Monday-64
Quote for the week: Let nothing Disturb you, Let nothing frighten you, Though all things pass, God does not change. Patience wins all things. But he lacks nothing who possesses God; For God alone suffices.